Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spring....flowers...antiques & lemon meringue pie :)

Before I lived in southern Cali...I had heard of the fabulous weather & enjoyed many visits here witnessing the seemingly endless gorgeous days...now I must say even though this is my fifth Spring here...I am still amazed at the flawless, beautiful days....brilliant blue skies & the sweet smells of Spring!  Flowers and butterflies seem to be everywhere now...where I live in Cali...there are a definite four seasons...each one delightful...each one tempting you to say...this is my fave time of year. This week I shopped for flowers for Rue 27 Maison....and as I do most weeks I went antiquing...finding several cloches, new & vintage ones...I was also inspired by fresh locally grown Meyer lemons to bake a lemon meringue pie...the pie was delicious with lots of meringue, a fave of my hubby...it even had what we call in the South..."sugar beads" on the meringue...:) It was a beautiful Spring week here...I hope it was for you as well...Sharing with you a few faves this week...

Rue 27 Maison
Many new cloches in this week...
French cream roses & blue hydrangeas...
A fave always...Iris
Vintage & new cloches in several sizes...
The piece de resistance...Lemon meringue pie


Until next time....Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh that pie and all of your glorious finds!! I miss southern California terribly after living there thirteen years. Alas Kansas City is home and where I need to be right now! Thank you for the beauty Linda!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Nathaniel Galka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karena...thank you very much for your kind words & for stopping by Rue 27 Maison...Cheers! :))

      Delete