Saturday, November 22, 2014

Thanksgiving

This week as I was getting ready to host my Thanksgiving dinner...running here & there...I realized how much the preparing...shopping & gathering adds to the love & enjoyment of Thanksgiving day for many of us. I was shopping at Trader Joe's a few days ago & chatting with a good friend, who also had her basket full of items for her Thanksgiving meal, I felt her excitement about a new recipe she shared with me and I felt her joy that her family would be together for the first time in many years. As we shared our happiness of celebrating with family...I glanced around the store...there seemed to be a quiet happiness or excitement as each shopper filled their carts & shared their favorite ways to prepare the turkey & dressing or as most here call stuffing....not the sparking excitement you feel at Christmas...a quieter shared joyful feel...it was very contagious and at that moment, standing in line at Trader Joe's, I felt very thankful...not that I had found the perfect turkey...not that I found the pumpkin macaroons or the haricot verts from France...I was thankful to share in the joy of the other shoppers as they anticipate their Thanksgiving day with family & friends....Sharing with you a few of my Thanksgiving faves....
Simply beautiful Thanksgiving table...
Butternut squash soup with rosemary...
Thanksgiving table at Rue 27 Maison
Thanksgiving cheer....bourbon & honey cocktail
love the garland & votives on the table
The main attraction....Turkey
southern cornbread dressing...
love the smell of fresh sage...
Beautiful Thanksgiving dinner al fresco...
southern caramel cake...
Love the soft glow of the candles with the pumpkins...


Happy Thanksgiving....until next time...Cheers!


2 comments: