Friday, April 18, 2014

The joys of Easter....

Easter is arriving late this year...it seems everyone is anticipating its arrival in hopes of warmer days & new beginnings. When I sat down to gather my thoughts on Easter, I kept going back to Easters in the past...Easter shoes...Egg hunting at my grandparents with my sister & cousins...chocolate bunnies & the Holy celebrations of the weekend. I kept thinking about coloring eggs, my husband & I hiding them for our children, lacing up those white Easter shoes & knee socks for my son, white Mary Jane's for my daughter...sitting in church as a young girl for the Easter service with my yellow tulle petticoat under my knees & looking up at my Mother in her Easter hat that was topped with bright pink flowers, my Father looking dashing as always in his crisp linen suit. All the delicious food, fun & festivities we see as  children...blossoms into beautiful memories of a most special Holy Day that  reassures us of new beginnings, second chances & the greatest gift of all...God's love. My children are adults now, our Easters are celebrated differently, but still joyously. I do miss the hiding of the eggs & gathering the goodies for the Easter baskets....we are celebrating Easter at sunrise on the beach here in southern Cali...and having a family dinner with Easter ham, spring vegetables & fresh seafood. I know there will be a few chocolate rabbits but no tulle petticoats or lace up shoes at the beach...:) Sharing with you a few of my joys of Easter...
Easter Bunny from Martha Stewart
Easter fete from Stone Gable Blog
personalized eggs from etsy
Easter herbal lemonade from Honestly Yum
Rue 27 Maison
naturally dyed eggs
Easter sweets from Waiting on Martha
Easter place cards from satoridesigns


the golden egg from camile styles
Easter dining at Rue 27 Maison
Easter Rabbits from Mud Pie Studios
tulle petticoats
 
Sweet Easter Bread from Sweet Living
Happy Easter... 



Until next time...Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment