Thursday, January 23, 2014

the beautiful simplicity of the French Country table....

When I first dined in the countryside of France...I was expecting delicious and  fabulous French cuisine and I was certainly not disappointed...every bite was heaven! The delight of dining in the countryside was not only the food, but much more..the relaxed ambiance, the perfect...imperfect. I love the simplicity & beauty of the French country table, simple yet grand at the same time...well worn arms on the chairs & table, freshly laundered beautiful, simple linens, always fresh fruits & flowers...white ironstone plates, antique silver, heavy clear glassware, candles..always stunning & very charming. Each time I have been fortunate to have visited France...especially the countryside, I look forward to the rustic, delicious French meals and  I am always eager to revel in the ambiance of country dining...Sharing with you my joys & pleasures of French country dining ambiance....
love the relaxed feel of this setting...
simple & fabulous...
country French dining...via Crown Cottage
monogram napkins...
fabulous French dining...from Frank Delmarcelle
beautiful French linens...
old Paris dinnerware..via Jean Liu Design
antique cutlery...
french country place setting...
love french white ironstone...
always fresh herbs...
rustic french table...
local wine & cheese...
beautiful details...

Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. HI Linda,
    This is a beautiful post. I love all the linens and beautiful table settings. I love your blog. Just found it!!!
    xoxo
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenny, thank you, my friend, very happy you stopped by...I know we are kindred spirits in our love of all things...French xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely enticing,it brings me into the mood to redecorate some what,especially since I/we have multitudes of Antiques.My Loves are especially Antique Dishes,Linens from Germany and France and so much more:-) Thank You for such uplifting pictures,I'll follow :-) Brigitte in Maine

    ReplyDelete